Sunday, April 24, 2016

Ratings

-1. 16 mm-
Manipulating film developed film stock, making rayograms, and drawing on blank film stock to create the 100 frame animation - I would have never considered using any of these techniques- I am so glad I have been exposed these processes it was very much enjoyable and I look forward to applying them to future projects- Beaching, painting, oil and sandpaper were my of my favorite-  It allowed me to really carry my artistic abilities over to film and be creative in a new way.

2. Rhythmic edit- 
Editing to a rhythm really exposed me to the editing process, and tested me to think in a different way- This project was monotonous at times - challenging and upon completion brought me great pleasure. I now enjoy editing- The possibilities are much more open than I initially assumed. The only thing I would have changed about this project is being about to pick the theme/ subject, but I can always reuse this editing style in the future and do so. I have a mental note to shoot more footage than I think I will need next time, and then maybe even a minute more to be safe! - more footage would have greatly approved my short- I am overall proud of my end result- this was my second editing project ever and I'm hooked!

3. Stop motion multiplane animation- 
The time in which we had to shoot this was so shot, we were defiantly hustling -one of the biggest challenges was setting up lighting- Trying to use the other groups lighting to an advantage and work with it/ around it- glare off of the glass- A really fun, challenging project- I know it was repetitively stated to shoot 10-12 shots per movement- I really could not wrap my head around how quickly the images would move until they were played- They moved so fast- We ended up slowing it down in post- I'm excited to retry this technique in a different project in the future.

4.Freestyle-
Challenging in it's own way with all the freedom to basically do anything with two rules-  Theme- "Make America great again" and we had to incorporate an experimental element that we had not explored in a class project.  There were a lot of ways to go with this- I chose political satire- I'm still in the beginning stages of this project now- I am enjoying it.

5. Crowd-sourcing- 
I didn't fully know about crowd-sourcing and the endless ways that it can be applied to film making- I like the idea of crowd-sourcing in the future-  However for me- I ended up completing- 20 of the 30 frames myself- No one really wanted to help/ participate-  I am however really excited to see the end result of multiple peoples artistic variations put together as one, cohesive short film!

6. Bolex-
I probably would have never been exposed to a bolex- Filming on and developing if not for this class-I am very grateful.
Despite the warnings about the time restraint, and quick run troughs for preparation-  time went a lot quicker than incapacitated-  Luckily- The action of the film just made it onto film!
The only downfall to the project for me was my group was a little under prepared upon arrival- we had to alter the game plan day of- which I honestly think in hindsight was a good thing- The group dynamic was frustrating for me with this project/ eschewed- one member was super hardheaded and didn't budge on even one detail- so I felt like I was working on someone else's project instead of a group project. It was nice to learn how to use the bolex over all it was a cool project-  The end result was satisfying.
I'm excited to see them premiered with a second live sensory element- I think it will be interesting to see how  the films will be affected.  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment